Friday 28 February 2014

what is my life.

For a good portion of my life, probably the last eight or nine years or so, I have been waiting for my romantic life to start, and predictably, it started at university.

I had my first club-neck (when you kiss a perfect stranger in a nightclub) at university, it wasn't pleasant but it happened.
I had my first sexual encounter at university - as before, it wasn't pleasant, but it happened.

Last night, I had my first 'date'. 

I'd better start from the beginning, last Wednesday.
I was hideously drunk, but when Q are selling seventy-five pence bombs and one pound vodka mixers, you can't blame me. I'd also shared a joint with FH on the way down to the nightclub so that was probably taking effect somehow. I was having THEBESTTIMEEVEROMG, my friends and I were doing as we always did, splitting time between the dancefloors and the smoking room. On a voyage from the dancefloor to the smoking room, I caught the eye of a guy, taller than me (just) with reaaaaaaaaally light hair (he might be albino but I've not asked). He followed us up to the smokers and asked me to stay with him as he'd lost his friends. If I was sober, I would have fucked him right off - needy much? But because I was intoxicated, I acquiesced, standing with him in the chilly outdoor smoking room . We talked for ages (it was probably like five minutes, but it felt like forever) and he asked for my number, telling me that he'd like to take me on a date. I gave it willingly and said goodbye, he asked for a hug and a kiss and I hugged and kissed him - both of which were relatively chaste (compared to the ravenous examples of kissing you usually see in nightclubs) and left.

Then he text me, the next day. We agreed to meet for a drink, and we did, last night.
I wasn't beside myself with anticipation, I wasn't so excited I couldn't sleep, I didn't plan my outfit or do anything special with my hair, I just met up with him, like I'd meet up with a friend. And it literally was like drinking with a friend. We talked and laughed, he walked me home and gave me hug (no kiss, thank God - I didn't want one). It was... meh. I have no feelings for or against him, I don't really care if I see him again.

It's infuriating because I've wanted this to happen for as long as I can remember - to be taken out by a nice boy, or to be kissed or to have sex, and when it actually happens it is just so bland and boring that it makes me angry. Argh.

1 comment: